Last visited: Never
Victim: The girlfriend
The Damage: £60
The Background: The long of the short. We opted for the pre theatre set menu. Carina - Clam and Mussels to start with, and Mushroom Risotto for mains. Fresh seafood, not overpowering on the white wine sauce, just right al dente rice and wonderful mushrooms. Me - Chargrilled Squid on bed of salad, and baked Salmon with new potatoes. Both winners. Accompanied by Pinot Grigio del Collio, Blanchis, probably more than slightly overpriced at £24 per bottle, this is still the perfect crisp and dry pinot to accompany this meal. What else? Why does no one mention the decor? The decor is awful. Some kind of pastel, roman-esque disaster. Despite that, the waiters were attentive, not unsurprising considering at it's busiest whilst we were there were only three other tables. Apparently it won Best Italian Restaurant... in 1996...
Verdict: I liked the food in general but in a city saturated with Italian restaurants, I have certainly had better (Passione, River Cafe) and worse (San Lorenzo), and I don't think we'll be going here again.
2 comments:
Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right? :)
Caught red handed! However, I am a fan and don't quite have the originality to come up with my own format... at least not yet.
Post a Comment