.

Thursday, 9 October 2008

Almirall, Barcelona, Spain

Almirall
Aragó 625,
08018 Barcelona
Spain

Tel: +34 932 463 540

A short walk from the Me Hotel, Cafeteria Almirall is in an area of rapid redevelopment also known as the Innovation District, a waterfront business park housing over 200 international companies, many of them technology related.
With its location very much out of the tourist area, it's very unlikely that you will randomly come across this place. I went for a typically late Spanish time lunch by myself on a two day business trip to Barcelona for the start of one of my client's European tours.

I was presented with a set menu in Spanish and unfortunately neither of the waiters was able to speak English. As soon as I had ordered my food and bottle of water a basket and slightly tough bread arrived. First course was spinach tagliatelle with bolognese sauce with accompanying plate of freshly grated parmesan cheese, pleasant and filling. This was followed by Calamares - whole baby squid with garlic butter and a side salad. Another good dish. I chose a Mandarin Tart from the trolley to finish with.



At 10 euros the meal is an absolute bargain especially when I went to pay for my meal and found that my drink was also include in the deal, in addition to an espresso. I was amazed at the sheer value and the food wasn't bad. Not great but good for 10 Euros. You would be very hard pressed to find a comparison in London.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails