.

Tuesday, 2 September 2008

Fish and Chips...




As judged by The Times... listed their top 10 fish and chips shops in the UK... and unsurprisingly none of them are in London... so how am I supposed to try them???

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/food_and_drink/real_food/article4613975.ece?token=null&offset=12&page=2


Oh, how I would love a bit of John Dory, Chips and Mushy Peas on Fridays...

My favourite chippies in London are:

Fryer's Delight
19 Theobald's Road, Holborn
London WC1X 8SL

See my old review here:
http://foodbymark.blogspot.com/2008/09/fish-and-chips.html

Rock And Sole Plaice
47 Endell Street, Covent Garden
London WC2H 9AJ

The chips here are fantastic. And are perfect after gelato from Scoop! I always find I need savoury food after ice cream. Salt and vinegary chips...

Livebait
The Cut, Waterloo
London SE1 8LF
or
21 Wellington Street, Covent Garden
London WC2E 7DN



I mean to check out:
North Sea Fish Restaurant
78 Leigh Street
London WC1H 9EW
Nearest Tube: Russell Square

Sea Shell of Lisson Grove
49 - 51 Lisson Grove
London NW1 6UH
Nearest Tube: Marylebone

Golden Fish Bar / Restaurant
102 Farringdon Road
London EC1R 3EA
Nearest Tube Stations: Farringdon

Masters Super Fish
191 Waterloo Road
London SE1 8UX
Nearest Tube Station: Waterloo

The Golden Hind
73 Marylebone Lane
London W1U 2PN
Nearest Tube Station: Bond Street

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails